Cappadocia, Mount Nemrut,Gobeklitepe, Urfa Tour
Tour Name: Cappadocia Mount Nemrut ,Gobeklitepe ,Urfa Tour
Type: Private or Small Group Tour
Start Point: Cappadocia Airports (Kayseri or Nevsehir Airport)
End Point: Cappadocia Airports, Gaziantep or Adana Airports
Operates: From 01 st April till 1 st November
Tour duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Transport: (According to size of your party) Minivan / Minibus / Coach
Stay: (Accommodations in your choice of hotels) Budget / 3 Star / Boutique / 4 Star / 5 Star & Deluxe Hotels
Size: Minimum 1 Person
Please Tell us:
- Your exact arrival & departure dates & times( also flight numbers) for your Airport transfers
- Number of travelers, their ages
- Your hotel preference (a Budget Hotel, 3 Star, Boutique, 4 Star, 5 Star or Deluxe Hotels)
DAY 1 : Arrival to Cappadocia
Upon arrival to Cappadocia Airport; pick up transfer to Hotel in Cappadocia
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Not included )
DAY 2 : North Cappadocia Tour
Departure from hotel at 0900 am and visit Goreme National Park Area. Today we visit :
* Goreme Open Air Musuem - (We see the famous rock-cut churches & monasteries of Cappadocia with frescoes from 10-13 C AD.These churches have the best wall paintings of Cappadocia ).
* Uchisar Cave Houses and Pigeon Houses - We enter to one of the cave houses which are used as a cafeteria today and have an apple tea and see the interior of the cave house.
* The Pigeon Valley - The valley which is housing thousands of dovecotes dug out into the cliff of the valley by the farmers of Cappaocia to collect the guano and fertilize the farms in the past.
* Pashabagi fairy-chimneys valley known as Monks Valley as well.Here we see the natural mushroom like rock formations and monks cells inside the rock formations.
* Avanos - Historic Pottery Town of Cappadocia. The first settlement in Avanos was established by the Hittites on the bank of the Red River which provided abundance of red clay to the settlers.This art has been practised in Avanos since then.
* Dervent valley – also called as Pink or Imagination valley with its famous pink rock formations.Here depends on your imagination power you will see many rock formatins look like different figures..The most remarkable one is the sitting stone camel...
* Urgup fairy-chimneys - They are the symbol of Cappadocia with their caps on top. There are 5 mushroom -like rock formations just like a family
*Rose Valley -One of the best places to watch the sun set in Cappadocia .The color of the valley turns to pink even red in the end of the day .
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Breakfast & Lunch)
Cappadocia Optional Night Activities;
* Whirling Dervish Night Show Tour – A show in a 13th C Caravanserai built on Silk Road.
* Turkish Night Show Tour in Cappadocia – Folk dances and Belly Dance shows with Dinner.
DAY 3 : South Cappadocia Tour
Departure from hotel at 0900 am and visit south of Cappadocia. The underground city , Ihlara valley ..
* Derinkuyu Underground City - The biggest underground settlement in the world which was used as a shelter by Christians of Cappadocia especially in 7th and 8th C AD.
* Ihlara Valley, enjoy an easy hike through the best part of the valley along the Melendiz stream in Ihlara canyon ,you see many of Byzantine era churches, chapels, monasteries and hermits’ caves carved into the cliff of the canyon.
*Belisirma Village- Located in the middle of Ihlara Canyon. The walk ends up at the village and have the lunch here beside the river.
* Selime Monastery - It has a great view looking down the valley. The complexes were carved into volcanic rock outcroppings during the Byzantine period
*Onyx attelier - The local semi precious stones and shopping opportunity
Cappadocia Optional Early Morning Activitiy;
* Balloon Flight Tour in Cappadocia - It offers sweeping views of the rocky landscape of Cappadocia.
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Breakfast & Lunch)
Day 4 : Cappadocia -Marash & Kahta via ancient silk road ( 490 km )
Departure in the morning at 0830 to Kahta on the way we will pass through a lot of small villages & visit
* Karatay Caravanserai (Silk Road Hotel which was built in 13 C AD for the silk road merchants).
* Marash (We visit the coppersmiths' street and we have the famous Turkish Ice Cream).
Arrival to Kahta and check in hotel)
Overnight in Adıyaman or Kahta - Meals (Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner)
Day 5 : Mount Nemrut - Arsemia - Karakus - Ataturk Dam - Sanliurfa ( 200 km )
Very early in the morning departure up to Mount Nemrut. After get off the minibus walk up to summit of the mountain about thirty five minutes where you will see the temple atop of Mount Nemrut. You will watch beautiful sunrise between the colossal size statues and heads of the Gods. After sunrise we have some time to take picture of the statues of the Gods Zeus , Apollon , Hercules, Thyche and the King Anthiocus who financed the temple and dedicated to Gods of Greek and Persians.All the statues facing to the east in east terrace of the temple .
We walk to the North Terrace and see the uncompleted or eroded reliefs .The North Terrace was preparetions place of the rituels .
We see west terrace of Nemrut Mountain which is symmetry of the east terrace. We see the same gods' statues facing to the west .
Drive to Kahta, on the way visit ruins of Arsemia, the summer capital of Commogane Kingdom, Roman Bridge of Cendere and Tumulus Type Tomb of Karakus built for the woman folk of Royal family of Commagane Kingdom.
We have breakfast at hotel and depart to Sanliurfa-Harran. We will cross famous Euphrates River and reach Mesopotamia.
On the way: We will visit Ataturk Dam which is built on Euphrates River and the biggest dam in Middle East.
Upon arrival to Urfa We will visit the cave where it is belived Abraham was born.
Balikli Göl where Abraham was thrown into the fire and the fire turned to water and the burning firewood converted to fish and started to swim around Abraham as mentioned in the Koran .
We do short walk around oriental covered bazaar of Urfa. It is the biggest covered bazaar of this region.
We see the copper smiths bazaar, the ironsmiths bazaar , Gumruk Han ( an old bazaar and Han-hotel-from 16 C AD) .
We have tea or coffe at the courtyard of Gumruk Hani where usually hundreds of people are gathered always.
After tea break we drive to Harran village which is mentioned in the book of genesis where Abraham spend last years of his life.. Here we see the mud-bricks houses , the castle from 9 C AD , the ruins of the great Ulu Mosque and the city walls.
We enter into one of the mud-bricks houses and try Mirra - the local coffee.
we drive to hotel and check in
Overnight in Sanliurfa - Meals (Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner)
Meal . Breakfast Lunch and dinner
Overnight in Urfa
Day 6 : Sanliurfa - Gobeklitepe - Zeugma Mosaic Musuem - Antep Airport or back to Cappadocia
Today we will visit Gobeklitepen in the morning. Gobeklitepe has been identified as the oldest temple in history of mankind, built around 9000 BC . Still being excavtaded and the almost T shape huge Stones are seated in the temple. We will see several of these T shaped stones and some reliefs cartved on them and drive to Gaziantep.
Before we leave Mesopotamia we stop to see Birecik Bald Ibis Farm where the extinct bald ibis are under protection.
Upon arrival to Gaziantep we visit Zeugma Mosaic Musuem. it is undisputed one of the best mosaic museum in the world.There are approximetley 1500 square meters of mosaics from Roman and early Byzantine era exhibited in the musuem :
The most famous one is GYPSY MOSAIC.
We see the bazaar of Antep and depart to Antep airport or back to cappadocia.
Meals (Breakfast - Lunch)
• Arrival transfer from Cappadocia Airport to Hotel.
• Departure transfer to Cappadocia Airports or Gaziantep & Adana Airports
• All admission fees (Museum Tickets) in tours
• Listed meals only
• 5 Night Accommodations in your choice of hotels (Bed & Breakfast)
• Transportation with comfortable AC nonsmoking Vehicle
• Professional guiding services during tours by a licensed Guide
• All Highway tickets and Parking fees.
• Domestic flight tickets - Can be arranged on request with extra fee.
• All customary tips to Guide & Driver
• All Drinks
• All personal expenses
• Optional Activities
• Laundry Services
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org - now for a fast response