Gallipoli & Troy - 1 Night / 2 Days Tour
Tour Name: Gallipoli and Troy Private Tour
Start & End Point: Istanbul
Type: Private ( Personal ) Tour
Tour duration: 1 Night / 2 Days
Departure: Every day - all year round
Tour Code: IST-D-011
Book a 1 Night / 2 Days fully guided - private tour to Historic Peninsula of Gallipoli & ancient city of Troy.
This tour takes you from Istanbul across the Sea of Marmara, crossing the strait of The Dardanelles, and reaching to ancient city of Troy on Asian side of Canakkale. This is the land where the lines between history and mythology are blurred.
Walk the historical battlefields of Gallipoli with trenches and tunnels; see the war memorials and museum in tribute to the many lives lost here in World War I’s Battle of the Dardanelles...
Feel the thrill just from seeing Troy's ancient walls, wooden horse, climbing around the ruins, and gazing across the plains of Troy towards the waters of strait of The Dardanelles, and the hills of Gallipoli beyond.
Listen from your guide the stories of The Iliad and Odyssey: King Priam, Hector & Paris, Helen of Troy, Agamemnon, and Odysseus…
Also learn about the stories of The Golden Treasures of Troy (King Priam's treasure) smuggled out of the Turkey by a self-proclaimed "archaeologist" Heinrich Schliemann.
Please Tell us:
- Number of travelers, their ages
- Your hotel details in Istanbul ( Name & Address )
PRIVATE CAR/MINIBUS - Full Day Tour
" Flexible, private Istanbul to Gallipoli & Troy sightseeing tour with your own personal driver & guide. "
DAY 1: TROY " A Visit to Homeric Troy in the legend of Iliad "
Early morning pick up from hotel in Istanbul. Drive to Troy and Visit;
* Troy, the archaeological site of this 5000 years old city, is the legendary city and center of the Trojan War, as described in Iliad by Homer.
* Troy Museum and a reconstructed wooden Trojan horse, the Megaron houses, a small roman Theatre and Bouletarion and city walls. Listen the legend of Trojan Wars from your guide.
After the tour, Drop off to the hotel. Overnight in Canakkale.
DAY 2: GALLIPOLI “A Daily visit to Historical Gallipoli Peninsula”
Pick up from the hotel and travel across the Dardanelles by ferry.
* Kabatepe War Museum, located within the Gallipoli Historic National Park. There is an exhibit of photographs of soldiers, their uniforms, weapons, and other findings from the battlefields.
* Brighton Beach, Southern Anzac sector, the long beach running southward from Hell Spit to Gaba Tepe named after the beach of the same name east of Melbourne.
* Beach Cemetery (John Simpson's Grave)
* Anzac Cove, a small cove on the Gallipoli peninsula. It was the landing site and main base of Anzac’s during the World War I.
* Ari Burnu & Cemetery (First Anzac landing place)
* Lone Pine, with its sweeping views over the Aegean and down the Gallipoli peninsula, is where Turks and Anzacs fought and died. Lone Pine was the name given to a solitary tree which marked the site of the Battle of Lone Pine. There is a cemetery and Memorial dedicated to the Australian & New Zealand soldiers who fought in Gallipoli.
* Johnston's Jolly (Walk in the Anzac trenches), View Shrapnel Valley
* The Nek and Walker's Ridge, narrow stretch of ridge in the Anzac battlefield on the Gallipoli peninsula.
* Chunuk Bair Heights (Main New Zealand memorial) is one of the three high points on the Sari Bair range.
Drive back to Istanbul. Drop off to your hotel around in evening
• 1 night hotel accommodation at selection of 3/4/5 star hotels in Canakkale
• Prices are per car/minibus not per person
• Private Vehicle (Car / Minivan or Minibus) - according to size of your party.
• Your private tour guide
• Collection and return to your central Istanbul hotel
• Entrance fees
• Highway & Parking fees
• Drinks and meals which are not listed at the itinerary
• All personal expenses
• Entrance fees where applicable
• All customary tips to drivers & guide
***Please ask for the best price of the season!
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org - now for a fast response