Istanbul & Cappadocia Tour
Tour Name: Istanbul & Cappadocia Tour
Type: Private or Small Group Tour
Start & End Point: Istanbul
Operates: Everyday / All Year Round
Tour duration: 4 Nights / 5 Days
Transport: (According to size of your party) Minivan / Minibus / Coach
Hotel : (Accommodations in your choice of hotels) Budget / 3 Star / Boutique / 4 Star / 5 Star & Deluxe Hotels
Group Size: Minimum 1 Person
Please Tell us:
- Your exact arrival & departure dates & times( also flight numbers) for your Airport transfers
- Number of travelers, their ages
- Your hotel preference (a Budget Hotel, 3 Star, Boutique, 4 Star, 5 Star or Deluxe Hotels)
- Tour preference Group tours or a personal (private) tour with your own expert guide?
- Your must-see list Istanbul destinations – If you like to customize your trip ( Mosques, Churches, Bazaars, Palaces, City Walls, Bosphorus, Asian Side, Princes Islands, and all other sites…)
Istanbul- Cappadocia Tour itinerary
DAY 1 : Arrive in Istanbul
Arrive in Istanbul ( IStanbul Airport or Sabiha Gokcen Airport and transfer to your hotel. Balance of the day at leisure
Overnight: Istanbul - Meals (Not included)
DAY 2 : Istanbul - Old City Tour
Today we have full day Istanbul Old City tour. We see the monuments from Ottomans, Byzantine and Roman Era.
Pick up from Hotel at 0900 am and istanbul tour .Today we visit :
*Hippodrome-The horse cart's race place during Roman Era, its Obelisk, Orme Pillar,entwined snake pillar are still visible today.
*The Blue Mosque- 17 C AD Mosque , masterpiece of Turkish Islamic Architecture. listed by Unesco in the world heritage listand designed with excellent blue tiles which gives the name to the mosque
*Hagia Sophia- Built in 6 the C as a church during Justinen Era and converted into Mosque by the Turks in 15 C AD .Today it served as a museum to its admirers and converted back to a mosque recently .. listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.
*Topkapi Palace-(Except harem) The residential and administration of Ottoman Sultans which is housing a lot of Sultan's Customes,Thrones, treasures, holy relics, porcelains and tiles with a great view of the Bosphorus. ( listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.)
*The Grand Bazaar- The biggest Covered Bazaar in the world which has about 4000 shops
Topkapi Palace closed on tuesday replaced with Kariye (Chora) Museum or, Basilica Cistern or Galata Tower
Grand BAzaar Market on Sunday: Replaced with authentic shops
DAY 3 : Istanbul - Bosphorus Cruise - Evening Flight to Cappadocia
Morning pick up from hotel and continue to;
*Spice Bazaar, located close to water front nearby Yeni Camii (New Mosque) . This is a bazaar where you can find numerous kind of spices, dried fruits, nuts and seeds and also many other things. Closed on Sundays
*Golden Horn is an inlet of the Bosphorus dividing the city of Istanbul and forming a natural harbor. One can see the old city and Galata tower panoramically while cruising from ferry.
*Bosphorus Cruise, through the waterway separating the two continents, Europe and Asia, with a possibility to take photographs of marble palaces, ancient wooden villas of Ottoman architecture besides modern residential and luxurious apartments.
Afternoon transfer to Airport and fly to Capapdocia
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Breakfast)
DAY 4 :North Cappadocia Tour
* Goreme Open Air Musuem - (The best rock-cut churches & monasteries of Cappadocia with frescoes. These churches were designed by some professional artist of Constantinapolis in Byzantine era ).
* Uchisar Cave Houses and Pigeon Houses - We enter to one of the cave houses which is used as a cafeteria today and have an apple tea while relaxing and feeling the cave life in the earlier times.
* The Pigeon Valley - The valley which is housing thousands of Dovecotes which was dug out into the cliff of the valley by the farmers of Cappadocia to collect the guano and fertilize the farms in the past.
* Pashabagi fairy-chimneys Valley known as Monks Valley as well. We see the natural rock formations resemble the mushrooms with some monks caves in them. Here the monks secluded themselves from the community to feel closer to God just like Simeon of Syria who lived a top of pillar in a small room for 37 years.
* Avanos - Historic Pottery Town of Cappadocia which is located on the banks of Red River .Its inhabitants produced poettery since it was estabilshed till today .
* Dervent valley – also called as Pink or Imagination valley with Its famous pink rock formations.Here depends on your imagination power you may see many rock formatins look like different figures..The most remarkable one is the siting stone camel...
* Urgup fairy-chimneys - They are the symbol of Cappadocia with their caps on top. There are 5 mushroom -like rock formations just like a family
*Rose Valley -One of the best places to watch the sun set in Cappadocia .The color of the valley turns to pink even red in the end of the day .
**The sun set is optional. If you have time we will show you the sun set. Otherwise we just see the valley in the end of the day and go back to your hotel
Cappadocia Optional Early Morning Activitiy;
* Balloon Flight Tour in Cappadocia - It offers sweeping views of the rocky landscape of Cappadocia.
Cappadocia Optional Night Activities;
* Whirling Dervish Night Show Tour – A show in a 13th C Caravanserai built on Silk Road.
* Turkish Night Show Tour in Cappadocia – Folk dances and Belly Dance shows with Dinner.
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Breakfast & Lunch)
DAY 5 : Cappadocia Tour and transfer to airport
* Balloon Flight Tour in Cappadocia - The best way to start the day in Cappadocia. You fly over land scape of cappadocia and view valleys of cappadocia and its rock formations of Cappadocia.
Morning start for the tour at 09:00 am
* Ihlara Valley is the biggest canyon in cappadocia , 14 km long and the deepest place is 150 meters. it has 4000 carved caves and 105 rock-cut churches and chaples. Walk 4 km in Ihlara Valley from entrance till Belisırma Village along Melendiz River and visit the churches of Ihlara such as Agacalti church, Sumbullu church, Snake church.
* Lunch in Belisirma Village in middle of Ihlara valley.
* Selime Monastery is the biggest rock-cut monastery in Cappadocia. Selime Monastery is situated in the end of Ihlara Canyon in a high cliff.
* Derinkuyu Underground city is the biggest underground shelter in Cappadocia. we decend 40 meters underground and see many caves , tunnels, ventilation shaft, kitchen , missionary school, winery, church etc..
End of tour either we drive to Airport .
The tour terminates at 1700 pm..
* Hagia Sophia on Monday: Replaced with one of these sites: Basilica Cistern, Kariye Museum or Turkish & Islamic Art Museum
* Topkapi Palace on Tuesday: Replaced with one of these sites: Basilica Cistern, Kariye Museum or Turkish & Islamic Art Museum
* Beylerbeyi Palace on Monday & Thursday / Replaced with Kariye Museum
* Grand Bazaar on Sunday Replaced with authentic shops
• All transfers from Istanbul Airports - Arrival & Departure transfers
• All transfers from Cappadocia Airports - Arrival & Departure transfers
• All admission fees (Museum Tickets) in tours
• Listed meals only
• 4 Night Accommodations in your choice of hotels (Bed & Breakfast)
• Transportation with comfortable AC nonsmoking Vehicle
• Professional guiding services during tours by a licensed Guide
• All Highway tickets and Parking fees.
• Boat trip in Istanbul
• Domestic flight tickets - We can issue flight ticket with extra fee.
• All customary tips to Guide & Driver
• All Drinks
• All personal expenses
• Optional Activities
• Laundry Services
***Please ask us for the best price of the season!
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: - now for a fast response