IStanbul-Cappadocia & West Turkey
Tour Name:IStanbul-Cappadocia & West Turkey
Type: Private Tour or Small Group Tour
Start & End Point: Cappaodcia &Istanbul Airports
Operates: Everyday / All Year Round
Tour duration: 8 Nights / 9 Days
Transport: (According to size of your party) Minivan / Minibus / Coach
Stay: (Accommodations in your choice of hotels) Budget / 3 Star / Boutique / 4 Star / 5 Star & Deluxe Hotels
Size: Minimum 1 Person
DAY 1 : Arrival to Cappadocia
Upon arrival to Kayseri or Nevsehir Airport, pick up transfer to Hotel.
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meal (Not included)
DAY 2 : North Cappadocia
Cappadocia Optional Early Morning Activitiy;
* Balloon Flight Tour in Cappadocia - It offers sweeping views of the rocky landscape of Cappadocia.
*Goreme Open Air Musuem - The best rock-cut churches & monasteries of Cappadocia with frescoes. These churches were designed by some professional artist of Constantinapolis in Byzantine era in between 9 th and 13 C AD).
* Uchisar Cave Houses and Pigeon Houses - We enter to one of the cave houses which is used as a cafeteria today and have an apple tea while relaxing and feeling the cave life in the earlier times.
* The Pigeon Valley - The valley which is housing thousands of dove-cotes which was dug out into the cliff of the valley by the farmers of Cappadocia to collect the guano and fertilize the farms in the past.
* Pashabagi fairy-chimneys Valley known as Monks Valley as well. We see the natural rock formations resemble the mushrooms with some monks caves in them. Here the monks secluded themselves from the community to feel closer to God just like Simeon of Syria who lived a top of pillar in a small room for 37 years.
* Avanos - Historic Pottery Town of Cappadocia which is located on the banks of Red River .Its inhabitants produced poettery since it was estabilshed in 19 C BC till today .
* Dervent valley – also called as Pink or Imagination valley with Its famous pink rock formations.Here depends on your imagination power you may see many rock formatins look like different figures..The most remarkable one is the siting stone camel...
* Urgup fairy-chimneys - They are the symbol of Cappadocia. Five stone mushrooms just like a family .They are called the 3 sisters as well.
*Rose Valley -One of the best places to watch the sun set in Cappadocia .The color of the valley turns to pink even red in the end of the day .
**The sun set is optional. If you have time we will show you the sun set. Otherwise we just see the valley in the end of the day and go back to your hotel
Overnight: Cappadocia - Meals (Breakfast & Lunch)
Cappadocia Optional Night Activities;
* Whirling Dervish Night Show Tour – A show in a 13th C Caravanserai built on Silk Road.
* Turkish Night Show Tour in Cappadocia – Folk dances and Belly Dance shows with Dinner.
DAY 3 : South Cappadocia -Konya ( 250km)
Morning Pick up from Cappadocia hotels (Between 09:00 to 09:30)
* Derinkuyu Underground City - The biggest underground settlement in the world which was used as a shelter by Christians of Cappaodcia especially in 7th and 8th C AD.
* Ihlara Valley, enjoy an easy hike through the best part of the valley along the Melendiz stream, look up and see many of Byzantine era churches, chapels, monasteries and hermits’ caves.
*Belisirma Village- Located in the middle of Ihlara Canyon. The walk ends up at the village and have the lunch here beside the river.
* Selime Monastery - It has a great view looking down the valley. The complexes were carved into volcanic rock outcroppings during the Byzantine period.
• Sultanhan Caravanserai (Silk Road Hotel from 13 C )- The biggest caravanserai in the world.
Meals (Breakfast & Lunchand dinner)
DAY 4 : Konya- Egirdir Lake - Pamukkale ( 390 km )
We explore Konya city wich was capital city of Selcuk Empire in 12 th and 13 th C.
*Konya Mevalana Museum -The Ruling Monastery of The Mevlevi religious Order which is based on human love and tolerance.
We see Mevlana Tomb ( the founder of Mawlavi religous order and mystic , the dervishes rooms , the kitechen , the dervish cells , belongings of Mevlana and dervishes.
* Ince Minareli Madrasah ( An islamic university where science and islamic studies were studied. it was built in 13 C by Selcuk Turks)
* Alaaddin Hill and Mosque, The mosque built on the Alaaddin Hill, is the oldest historical building in Anatolia from the Seljuk period. (1116-1156). After lunch, Drive to Egirdir Lake
* We drive around Egirdir Lake which is sourounded by mountains and has the clearest water in Turkey.
Arrival to Pamukkale and check in Spa Hotel
Overnight in Pamukkale
Meals (Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner)
DAY 5 : Pamukkale -Aphrodisias-Kusadasi ( 200 km )
“A great combination of Historical, natural sites & An ancient city and architecture”
Today we see:
* Pamukkale; the beautiful, cascading, snow-white terraced cliff-side basins and hot spring water famous for the healing properties of their thermal mineral baths.
* Hierapolis; an ancient Hellenic and Roman city. See the vast Necropolis Roman Basilica Bath, Domitian Gate, latrines, agora, colonnaded street, Byzantine Gate, Roman Fountains, and Grand Theatre and swimming oportunity at historical Cleopatra Pool.
Afternoon departure to Aphrodisias.
*Aphrodisias ; named after Aphrodite , the goddess of love. The site first was inhabited by mankind in 6 th mileniım BC. The city of Aphrodisias that we see today from The Roman Era.We see the theather , The agora, Aphrodite Temple , The biggest stadium of Anatolia and the magnificent musuem of Aphrodisias and depart to Kusadasi.
Arrival around and check in hotel
“Extra admission fee for historical Thermal pool, Cleopatra in Pamukkale ”
Overnight in Kusadasi - Meals (Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner)
DAY 6 : Ephesus & Selcuk and transfer to Izmir airport
“A day devoted to the largest open air museum of Turkey Ephesus .”
* Ephesus was the biggest city in Asia Minor during Rome Empire era.Its population was about 200 thousands people. The tour starts from the upper entrance gate. We see The Baths of Varius, Odeon, Prytaneion, Fountain of Polio, The Gate of Heracles, State Agora, Temple of Hadrian, Temple of Domitian, Library of Celsus, Great Theater and Harbor Street with the Necropolis.
* House of the Virgin Mary; where she spent her last days on a mountain near Ephesus according to a tradtion.
* The Temple of Artemis; one of the seven wonders of ancient world was a famous place of pilgrimage of pagans for centuries.It was known the biggest temple dedicated to Artemis when it was built in 8 th C. BC.
*St. John’s Basilica, a great church built by Emperor Justinian in the 6th century on the slopes of Ayasoluk Hill near the center of Selcuk over Saint John Tomb. we see the ruins of the church and tomb of saint john .
* Sirince - Old Town, famous for its traditional Greek Houses built in 18 th and 19 th C. The fruits wine of Sirince is very famous. , After we visit the town we have wine at one of the wine shops and departure to Izmir airport in late afternoon.
Fly to Itanbul from Adnan Menderes Airport .
Arrival to IStanbul or Sabiha Gokcen Airport and transfer to hotel
Overnight in IStanbul - Meals (Breakfast - Lunch )
DAY 7 :Istanbul Old City tour
Today we have full day IStanbul Old City tour. We see the monuments from Ottomans, Byzantine and Roman Era.
Pick up from Hotel at 0900 am and istanbul tour .Today we visit :
*Hippodrome-The horse cart's race place during Roman Era, its Obelisk, Orme Pillar,entwined snake pillar are still visible today.
*The Blue Mosque- 17 C AD Mosque , masterpiece of Turkish Islamic Architecture. listed by Unesco in the world heritage listand designed with excellent blue tiles which gives the name to the mosque
*Hagia Sophia- Built in 6 the C as a church during Justinen Era and converted into Mosque by the Turks in 15 C AD .Today it served as a museum to its admirers and converted back to a mosque recently .. listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.
*Topkapi Palace-(Except harem) The residential and administration of Ottoman Sultans which is housing a lot of Sultan's Customes,Thrones, treasures, holy relics, porcelains and tiles with a great view of the Bosphorus. ( listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.)
*The Grand Bazaar- The biggest Covered Bazaar in the world which has about 4000 shops
Topkapi Palace closed on tuesday replaced with Kariye (Chora) Museum or, Basilica Cistern or Galata Tower
Grand BAzaar Market on Sunday: Replaced with authentic shops
Overnight in ISTanbul- Meals (Breakfast - Lunch )
DAY 8 : Free in istanbul at leisure
Overnight in IStanbul- Meals (Breakfast )
DAY 9 Transfer to airport
Meal (Breakfast )
• Arrival transfer from Cappadocia Airport (Kayseri or Nevsehir Airport) to Hotel.
• Departure transfer to Izmir Airport.
• All admission fees (Museum Tickets) in tours
• Listed meals only
• 5 Night Accommodations in your choice of hotels
• Transportation with comfortable AC nonsmoking Vehicle
• Professional guiding services during tours by a licensed Guide
• All Highway tickets and Parking fees.
• Domestic flight tickets - we can issue on request with extra fee.
• All customary tips to Guide & Driver
• All Drinks
• All personal expenses
• Optional Activities
* Hot air balloon in Cappadocia ( We book it with extra fee ,the best price of the season!)
• Laundry Services
***Please ask for the best price of the season!
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: email@example.com - now for a fast response