Istanbul to Iznik Day Trip
Tour Name: Istanbul to Iznik Day Trip
Tour Duration: Full Day
Operated: Every Day - All Year Round
Tour Code: IST-D-006
This will be your private and personalised sightseeing tour to suit your tempo and interests. Changes to the day's plan, according to the options available, can be accommodated to suit your requirements.
PRIVATE CAR/MINIBUS - Full Day Tour
" Flexible, private Istanbul to Iznik sightseeing tour with your own personal driver & guide. "
“Book a fully guided - private tour to Iznik.”
Iznik is a small town, only 2 hours out of Istanbul by driving, on the eastern shore of Lake Iznik. It is famous for its magnificently beautiful "Iznik tiles," which decorate mosques and palaces throughout Turkey
Visit the ancient sites of Iznik town, once ancient Nicaea, famous as the host of the First and Second Councils of Nicaea, and location of the 1st and 7th Ecumenical Councils. The Seljuks made the city their capital for a brief period in the 11th century,
Iznik also served as the capital of “Empire of Nicaea”, as a political and cultural center for 50 years during the Sack of Constantinople when Constantinople was in the hands of the Fourth Crusade.
Bursa, the old historical name for Bursa is Purusa. The Romans, Byzantines and Ottomans were the following rulers of Bursa. Because of it being the first Ottoman capital, Bursa is very rich in religious monuments, mosques, tombs and baths. Because of the tiles of the monument and the greenery of town, it is known as “Green Bursa”.
"A Visit to Ancient Nicaea but Modern Iznik"
Morning pick up from hotel in Istanbul & drive to Iznik, see:
* City Walls of Nicaea, built in 300 BC by the Lysimachus – successor to Alexander the Great
* St. Sophia Cathedral, a 4th-century church of the site of the Second Council of Nicaea
* Green Mosque, built in1391 by the Ottoman Turks and beautifully decorated in blue ceramics.
* The Iznik Archaeological Museum, One of Iznik's nicest historical buildings. Greek & Roman tombstones, glass, Ottoman jewelry, pieces of Byzantine floor mosaics, and original Seljuk and Ottoman tiles will on be display in this museum
* Roman Theater, Emperor Trajan constructed it in the early 2nd century. We see it from outside (it will be open to public around 2016)
* Iznik Lake, you may take the time to have lunch at one of the lakeside restaurants and witness the city’s legendary tile-making tradition at local workshops.
After the tour, return drive to Istanbul. Drop off to the hotel.
• Prices are per car/minibus not per person
• Private Vehicle (Car / Minivan or Minibus) - according to size of your party.
• Your private tour guide
• Collection and return to your central Istanbul hotel
• Entrance fees
• Highway & Parking fees
• Drinks and meals which are not listed at the itinerary
• All personal expenses
• Entrance fees where applicable
• All customary tips to drivers & guide
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: - now for a fast response