Tour Name: Turkey Classic Archeological Tour
Type: Private Tour or Small Group Tour
Start & End Point: Istanbul Airports
Operates: Everyday / All Year Round
Tour duration: 14 Nights / 15 Days
Transport: (According to size of your party) Minivan / Minibus / Coach
Stay: (Accommodations in your choice of hotels) Budget / 3 Star / Boutique / 4 Star / 5 Star & Deluxe Hotels
Size: Minimum 1 Person
Turkey Classic Archeological Tour
Day 1 : Full day Istanbul tour
( Pick up form Airport and visit )
• Hippodrome The horse cart's race place during Roman Era, its Obelisk, Orme Pillar,
entwined snake pillar are still visible today.
• The Blue Mosque 17 C AD Mosque , masterpiece of Turkish Islam Architecture. listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.
• Hagia Sophia Built in 6 the C as a church and converted into Mosque by the Turks in 15 C AD today it serves as a museum to its admirers.. listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.
• Topkapi Palace The residential of Ottoman Sultans which is housing a lot of Sultan's Customes,Thrones, treasures, holy relics, porcelains and tiles with a great view of the Bosphorus. ( listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.)
• The Grand Bazaar The biggest Covered Bazaar in the world which has about 4000 shops.
Meal : Breakfast Lunch
Hotel 4 STars Hotel
Day 2 : Full day Istanbul tour
Pick up from your hotel and drive to Egyptian Bazaar which is also called the Spice Market too. After we visit the Spice Bazaar we join the bosphorus booat trip.
• The Bosphorus Cruise from Eminonu quay till the Bosphorus bridge and back to the same place
After visit of Suleymaniye Mosque which was built by the famous Turkish architect Sinan (listed by Unesco in the world heritage list.) we see Chora Musuem which was built a church , converted to Mosque and finally became a musuem .
Day 3 : Istanbul-Gallipoli-Canakkale ( 330 KM )
After breakfast we depart to Canakkale. On the way we visit Gallipoli Peninsula where The ANZAC and the Turks fought in the first world war. We will see Anzac Cove, Conk Bair, Lone Pine, Turkish and Anzac trenches and the cemeteries . We cross Dardanelle Strait by Ferry from European side of Turkey to Asian side and stay in Canakkale which is a lovely town located on shores of Dardanelle Strait.
Day 4 : Canakkale- Troy-Pergamum- Izmir ( 350 km )
Canakkale- Troy- Pergamum - Izmir ( 320 KM )
* Troy the famous city where the Greek Achilles and Hector had duel. ( listed by Unesco in the world heritage list)
• Pergamum Acropolis The place where parchment paper was inventedand the ruins
of the city too including, Zeus Altar , Athena Temple, The Trajan Temple , theater and the ruins of the Palaces of the kings of Pergamum Kingdom which was established in 3 C Bc and reigned till 132 BC. (listed by Unesco in the world heritage list)
* Asclepion the healing center of Pergamum where the psychotherapy was practiced and home of Galinus the famous physician of the Roman Era.
Day 5 : Izmir-Ephesus- Kusadasi ( 150 KM )
After breakfast at hotel Izmir city tour
Izmir Konak (the Tower) we will visit the historical tower which was built in 20th C. and symbol of Izmir
. Pierre Konak ( which was a fish market in the past now used as a luxury shopping center ). and Kemeralti Bazaar After the Grand Bazaar it is the second biggest traditional market in Turkey. Drive from Izmir to Ephesus upon arrival we visit :
• Ephesus Ancient City The biggest Roman City of Anatolia
• Artemis Temple One of the seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
* Saint John Tomb and Basilica ( Saint john escaped from Jerusalem to Ephesus he lived here and died here too. His tomb which is housed by a church built in later centuries.
Day 6 : Kuşadasi-Aphrodisias -Pamukkale ( 275 Km )
Today we will visit :
• Aphrodisias Ancient city ( City of Aphrodite the goddess of the love ) which has excellent Roman Stadium and Museum which has the best marble statues and reliefs collection in Turkey)
• Pamukkale white Travertines (listed by Unesco in the world heritage list) and Hierapolis Ancient city's ruins and check in Spa Hotel .
Day 7: Pamukkale- Priene- Miletos-Didim-Bodrum ( 378 km )
After breakfast at hotel we depart at 0800 am to Bodrum.
On teh way we stop to visit :
*Priene Ancient city;which was established around 10 C BC and later developed in Helenistic and Roman Period.We see Athena temple, Teh City wlls, The Parlement, Thetaher etc.
*Didyma Which is famous for its magnificent Apollon Temple.
*Miletos Ancient city which was built around 16 C Bc and later conquered by the Greeks. Miletos was a trade center and people of Miletos established many trade colonies in the world .
* Bafa Lake which was a part of teh Aegean Sea and and seperated from the möain sea with silt of Meandros River . We have a tea break and photo stop at this beautiful point and view Latmos Mountains
Day 8 : Bodrum –Caunos- Fethiye
Today we visit Bodrum Castle which was built by Saint John knights in 15 C Ad and is used as an under water archeological musuem. The findings from the ship wrecakge in the region are displayed in the castke today.
Departure to Dalyan.
Upon arrival we embark on a private boat and sail in the river which is connecting Koycegiz Lake with Aegean Sea. We view the great rock tombs of the Lycian which were carved into the cliff of the mountian. We disemabrk and visit Caunos Ancient city Ruins . We keep sailing till IZtuzu beach and free time for swimming .
Afternoon we depart to Fethiye , arrival and check in hotel
Day 9: Fethiye – Kas ( 175 km )
Today we visit the ruins of the Lycians who lived in this part of Anatolia as early as 20 th century BC . Originally an Anatolian nation the Lycians were sailors and they established their cities on the mountainous area and carved their tombs onto teh cliff of the mountains. They established a federal system which was modelled by USA in the 19 C.
* Tlos Ancient City which was one of teh biggest of the Lycian Cities. We see the Necropolis, Acropolis, Temple of Cronos , and theather.
* Xhantos one of the Lycian cities which was the Capital city of the Lycians League for a while . Xhantos people fought the Persians and when they were defeated by Persians they killed their children andtheir wives, burned the city and commited suicide alltogether before the Persians entered the city. ( Xhantos listed by Unesco in the world culturel and heritage list )
*Letoon Ancient City : Letoon according to the Greek Myhtology was named after Leto the goddess , mother of Artemis and Apolloon. Here we see the temples of Leto , Apollo and Artemis .
* Patara Anciet city where the parliament of the Lycians league is. Here we see the ruins of the city and Patara beach and depart to Kas.
After arrival to Kas we check in hotel.
Day 10 : Kas- Antalya ( 230 Km )
We drive to the sunken city. We embark on boat and sail into the sea to see Ucagiz ( Dolichiste City) which was sunken into the water of Mediterranean after an earth quake in 2 C AD.
After disembark from the boat we drive to Antalya . On the way first stop is Demre. We will see Saint Nicholas church and his tomb here and the rock –tombs of Myra which were carved into the cliff of the mountain and see the theater of Myra.
Afternoon we visit Phasalis Ancient city which was established on shores of Mediterranean as a trade center and has 3 ports. Here we visit the ruins of the city the ancient ports a swimming break on beach of Phasalis and depart to Antalya and check in hotel
Day 11 : Antalya
Today we explore ancient cities of Pamhilia Region.
We visit :
Aspendos Theather ( A Roman Period-2 C AD theather which is still used for some performances even today
Perge : An anceint city which was established as early as 12 C BC and then occupied and re-built by the greeks and romans in ater cneteries. Here we see the stadium, the helenistic gate, the Agora, The colonaded streets .
* Side Apollon Temple which was built on shores of Mediterranean to protect the sailors
*Duden waterfall ( One of the best waterfalls in Turkey )
and back to the hotel
Day 12:Antalya –Konya – Cappadocia ( 500 km )
On the way we will stop to visit :
* Konya Mevalana Museum ( The Ruling Monastery of The Mevlevi
religious Order which is used Museum today ).
*Catalhoyuk : One of the earliest settelment of mankind. It was established around 7000 BC. We see the excavation site and the ruins of the mud-bricks houses (The site is listed by unesco in the world cultural and heritage sites list) and depart to Cappadocia. Arrival and check in hotel
Day 13 : Fullday Cappadocia tour
* In the early morning Hot air balloon tour over unique land scape of Cappadocia ( Optional and not included the price )
*Kaymakli Underground city ( AN undergroudn shelter from 7 C AD )
* Goreme Panorama ( We view the magic landscape of Cappadocia
from this panoramic view) The underground city is listed by unesco in the world cultural and heritage sites list
* Uchisar Cave Houses ( We enter to one of the cave houses which is
still being used as a cafeteria and offer you an apple tea)
* Pigeon Valley Photo stop ( We view the valley which is full of dove-cote
and if we are lucky some of the pigeons are there)
* Goreme Open Air Museum (rock-cut churches and monasteries & designed with well preserved frescoes) listed by Unesco in the world heritage list. The musuem is listed by unesco in the world cultural and heritage sites list
* Pasabagi ( The fairy-chimneys valley ) The mushroom shaped natural rock
formations of Cappadocia were named fairy chimneys.
* Avanos (Avanos has been a handcraft town since 19 C BC especially it is
known pottery town of Cappadocia)
and back to hotel
Day 14 : Cappadocia- Hattusas-Ankara ( 375 km )
Today we will visit capital city of the Hittites who reigned in Anatolia from 19 C BC till 12 C Bc Hattusas. The city is listed by unesco in the world cultural and heritage sites list.. We will see Yazilikaya the open -air temple of the Hittes which has reliefs of the gods and goddess, The Great Temple of Arinna and Tesup, The city walls , sphinx gate, the pottern tunnel, The hieroglyph wall, The castle and palace ruins and drive to Ankara. arrival and check in hotel
Day 15 : Ankara city tour and departure to Airport of Ankara
Today we will visit Ankara Anatolian Civilization Museum which is housing many artifacts from all over Anatolia, Ankara Ancient houses and the castle, Ataturk Mausoleum and drive to airport afternoon.