Istanbul - Old City Tour
Tour Name: Istanbul Old City Tour
Duration: Daily - Full Day
Operated: Every Day - All Year Round
Tour Code: IST-D-001
This comprehensive sightseeing tour of Istanbul provides the perfect introduction to the fabled city that spans Asia and Europe. Formally called Constantinople, Istanbul was the capital of the Roman Empire and Europe's wealthiest metropolis, and is now the largest city in Turkey. On this one day sightseeing tour you will see how old meets new when you visit Istanbul's four "must-see" historic sites.
Morning pick up from hotel and continue to;
*The Hippodrome of Constantinople, Tour Starts from the heart of the old city Turkish: Sultanahmet Meydanı, At Meydanı, was a horse-racing track that was the sporting and social centre of Constantinople, capital of the Byzantine Empire and the largest city in Europe. Obelisk of Theodosius, Serpentine Column, and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are visited.
*Blue Mosque, One of the most famous monuments in both the Turkish and Islamic worlds, the Sultan Ahmet Mosque (also known as the Blue Mosque) is a superb creation in the classical Ottoman style. The mosque has six towering minarets and 260 windows illuminating its vast main chamber, which is decorated with more than 20,000 Iznik tiles.
* Hagia Sophia Museum, now a museum, Hagia Sophia was built in the 6th century by the Emperor Justinian, and was one of the largest basilicas in the Christian world. After the Ottoman conquest, it was converted to a mosque and is today one of the most magnificent museums in the world. Take a moment to linger here to admire the fine Byzantine mosaics.
*Topkapi Palace, The largest and oldest palace in the world, Topkapi is the crown jewel of the Ottoman Empire. With its harem (additional cost), treasury and exotic buildings overlooking the Golden Horn, your visit to Topkapi promises to be a truly fascinating experience. (Harem is not included in the program and visits it due to an extra entrance fee)
*Grand Bazaar, in operation since the 14th century, the Grand Bazaar is one of the world's largest covered markets, with 58 streets and over 4,000 shops. The bazaar is specially known for its jewelry, leather, pottery, spices and carpets.
End of tour, transfer to your hotel.
• Hagia Sophia Museum on Monday - Replaced with Basilica Cistern or Turkish & Islamic Art Museum or Kariye Museum
• Topkapı Palace on Tuesday - Replaced with Basilica Cistern or Turkish & Islamic Art Museum or Kariye Museum
• Grand Bazaar on Sunday - Replaced with Authentic Shops
• Admission (Entrance Tickets) fees
• Professional Licensed Tour Guide
• Hotel pickup and drop off
• Air-conditioned transportation From/ to Hotel
• Drinks and meals which are not listed at the itinerary
• All personal expenses
• All customary tips to drivers & guide
• Entrance fee to Harem
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: email@example.com - now for a fast response