South Cappadocia - Green TOUR - Day Trip
Ihlara Valley & Underground City Tour is a daily Group Tour or personal tour . Underground cities of Cappadocia are the most interesting shelters in the world. Kaymakli and Derinkuyu underground cities are the largest among many underground cities of Cappadocia. Ihlara Canyon is about 130 meters deep and has nearly 4000 man-made caves and 105 rock-cut churches and several Monasteries in it and a river flowing in the bottom of Ihlara valley
there is an easy walk for 4 kilometers in Ihlara valley along the river and the lunch beside river in the end of the walk is very delicious.
Tour Name: Ihlara Valley & Underground City Tour
Type : Daily Group Tour (Shared Tour) or Private ( Personal Tour )
Start & End Point: Cappadocia Hotels - Kayseri Airport - Nevsehir Airport
Operates: Everyday / All Year Round
Tour duration: Full Day
Transport: (According to size of your party) Minivan / Minibus / Coach
Size: Minimum 1 Person / Maximum 12 people
Tour Code: CAP DT 001
Morning Pick up from Cappadocia hotels (Between 09:00 to 09:30)
* Derinkuyu Underground City - The biggest underground settlement in the world which was used as a shelter by Christians of Cappadocia especially in 7th and 8th C AD. We decend all the way till 7 th floor which is 40 meters deep and see many tunnels, food storages, kitchen , stable , ventilantion shaft, church , living rooms, missionery school and baptistery.
* Ihlara Valley is about 14 km long and in some places 130-150 meters deep.There are about 4000 man made caves and more than 100 rock-cut churches and chapels. We enjoy an easy hike through the best part of the valley along the Melendiz stream, look up and see many of Byzantine era churches, chapels, monasteries and hermits’ caves.
*Belisirma Village- Located in the middle of Ihlara Canyon. The walk ends up at the village and have the lunch here beside the river.
* Selime Monastery - It has a great view looking down the valley. The complexes were carved into volcanic rock outcroppings during the Byzantine period.
* Pigeon Valley was named after the thousands of pigeon houses carved into the slope of the valley .The pigeon houses were carved by the local farmers to collect the guano and fertileze the farms in the past.
End of tour at 17:30 pm transfer to Hotel
• All admission fees (Museum Tickets) in tour.
• Pick up & drop off services from/to your hotel in Cappadocia
• Lunch at local restaurant - local food
• Expert Local Tour Guide in English (for other languages with a private tour, please E-mail us)
• Transportation with comfortable AC nonsmoking Vehicle
• All Parking fees.
• If one wants to start from Airports (Airport Arrival & Departure transfers in Cappadocia / with an extra charge)
• All customary tips to Guide & Driver
• All Drinks
• All personal expenses
Please ask us the best price of the season!
Cappadocia Optional Night Activities;
* Whirling Dervish Night Show Tour – A show in a 13th C Caravanserai built on Silk Road.
* Turkish Night Show Tour in Cappadocia – Folk dances and Belly Dance shows with Dinner.
Alternatively for any other services or for tailor-made itineraries and quotations, without obligation, just complete the Create Your Tour Form or Email us: email@example.com - now for a fast response